home

Monday, July 25, 2011

Nafissatou Diallo vs Dominique Strauss-Kahn

Although her case might be in jeopardy, the hotel maid who accused former IMF head Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault breaks her silence to ABC's Robin Roberts, saying she initially feared for her own life after the attack.
In her first televised interview, Sofitel maid Nafissatou "Nafi" Diallo vividly recounts details of the allegations, as well as what she describes as her initial shock in learning Strauss-Kahn's identity. "I was watching on the news...and they said he was going to be the next president of France," said Diallo, before also decrying media reports that she is a prostitute. "And I said, 'Oh my God...they're going to kill me, I'm going to die! I know if I was in my country...he's a powerful man like that...[they would] kill me before someone knows what happened to me."
Diallo's TV appearance comes on the heels of a Newsweek interview, which hits newsstands this week. You can read that interview in full here.
Meanwhile, as the AFP is reporting, the Strauss-Kahn team has accused Diallo's attorneys of having "orchestrated an unprecedented number of media events and rallies to bring pressure on the prosecutors in this case after she had to admit her extraordinary efforts to mislead them."
ABC quotes Strauss Kahn's attorneys William W. Taylor and Benjamin Bratman as saying, "Her lawyers know that her claim for money suffers when a fatal blow when the criminal charges are dismissed, as they must be."

No comments:

Post a Comment